Although the latter allows you to have a private and portable connection on your phone, depending on the telephone company’s coverage, you will always have a network wherever you want, and its use may be limited.
Applications like Instagram and TikTok are usually some of the social platforms Internet users use. Their interaction is among the highest; each has more than 1,000 users per month, according to ‘Statista’, which shows its popularity.
Due to the trend in their use, it is normal for many to allocate part of their mobile plan to browsing them. That is, they spend time within them, sharing, publishing, and using various services.
However, this can lead to a waste of your data intended to provide an internet connection from your cell phone. To reduce consumption a little without having to stop using your favourite applications, there are two alternatives that you can manage from them to save ‘gigabytes‘.
According to the specialized technology portal, ‘Xataka’ can execute the following step by step:
- Enter TikTok and select the ‘Profile’ tab.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose the ‘Settings and privacy’ option.
- Click the ‘Cache and data’ section.
- Tap the ‘Data Saver’ tab to activate the feature.
In the case of the Meta network, it is also possible to help reduce the amount of mobile data on your phone with these simple instructions, according to the specialized YouTube channel ‘Free Android’:
- Select your profile photo.
- Press the three lines at the top of the application.
- Choose the ‘Settings and Privacy’ tab.
- Enter the ‘Data usage and multimedia content quality’ option.
- Activate the ‘Data Saver’ function.
- With this configuration, the ‘app’ will reduce the quality of the videos and publications to help reduce extra data consumption on your phone.